Inspiration Board #5 – Navy, Purple, and Lace
I made this for a very good friend of mine – you know who you are!! When she told me the color palette, I instantly pictured a lush garden reception with classic and formal details, but a little on the non-traditional side. I envisioned a groom in a dark suit with a bright fun tie and bridesmaids in fun dresses. These anthropologie gowns fit the bill! I love the subtle inclusion of lace in the cake and the bridesmaids adorable gowns. The Anna Maier Ulla-Maija gown is to DIE for. I also love Sperry tents for a garden reception in the spring. Tell me what you think below!
1. Cake – classic and elegant
2. Groom’s outfit – fun and formal, but not stuffy!
3. Lace gown – do yourself a favor and check out this amazing wedding. The venue in Charleston is to die for!
4. Sperry tent – totally gorgeous. So worth the expense ( they are VERY pricey! )
5. Bouquet – the wedding this bouquet came from has STUNNING flowers.
6. Bridesmaids – adorable. ‘Nuf said.
7. Invite – I couldn’t find where these came from but I LOVE the classic filigree but the modern layout.
I made this board for a sweet friend of mine that lets me indulge her day in and day out with wedding mumbo jumbo. I asked her if she were to get married, what her dream color palette would be. She asked for a nautical feel with navy, coral, white, and seafoam (which I went with more light lime in this board). The result is below! I encourage you to click the links as well – the weddings featured are all stunning.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Boutonniere – a small pop of coral
2. Adorable ring bearer – I just LOVE his outfit!
3. Paper suite – preppy navy and coral designed by Posh Paperie
4. Reception space - I just love how glam this is!
5. Bouquet – don’t you just LOVE that striped bouquet wrap? So nautical!
6. Wedding cake – this is so whimsical and I love the stripes and the rope!
8. Amsale Dahlia gown – The wedding I pulled this image from is a stunner. This is also one of my friend’s favorite wedding gowns ever.
9. Bridesmaid’s outfits – probably my fave of all time. The skirt is from Anne M Cramer.
Hope y’all love it! I think this would be a stunning wedding if I must say so myself.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Coral Ombre birthday cake - I really love this style of cake – I bet it’d be very expensive for a whole wedding cake, but super cute if you were doing multiple cakes.
2. Centerpiece with coral peony - I also love the milk glass arrangement, colorful and fun!
3. ‘Eat, Drink, They’re Married’ sign - Perfect signage for a reception!
4. My floral bouquet – picture by Stephen DeVries Photography - It was fun taking my bouquet and applying it to a very different color palette than what I had at my own wedding! That’s what I loved about my bouquet, it was so versatile!
5. Yellow bridesmaids - I have liked this bridesmaid’s dress assortment for a very long time, one of the weddings I saw early in the process and it’s just stunning.
Hope you enjoy!
In honor of my sweet friend Audra’s wedding to her amazing future hubby Andrew Merkel on June 2nd – I decided to pull together an inspiration board of some of my favorite images from the pinterest board I created for her.
Image sources or where to find it, clockwise from top left.
1. Pink and gold invite and floral arrangement
2. Jenny Packham blush bridal gown
3. Kate Spade Charm glitter slingbacks $325.00
4. Floral cascade wedding cake by Cake Ink
Hopefully this will be the first of many! Good luck and congratulations to Audra and Andrew!